CTEK MXS 3.8 (56-972) General Information - 5 Year Warranty
- Latest 2022 model
- Supplied with a UK 3 pin plug
- Comfort Connect compatible: Yes.
- Rated voltage: 220-240v AC 50-60Hz.
- Charging voltage: Normal 14.4v, AGM/Cold 14.7v.
- Minimum battery voltage: 2.0v.
- Charging current: 3.8 amps.
- Current, mains: 0.5 amps RMS (at full charge current).
- Back current drain: <1 Ah/month.
- Ripple: <4%.
- Ambient temperature: -20 deg.C to +50 deg.C. Output power is reduced automatically at high temperature.
- Charger type: 7 stage, fully automatic charge cycle.
- Battery types: All types of 12v lead acid batteries (wet, MF, GEL, Ca/Ca and AGM).
- Battery capacity: 1.2Ah to 80Ah.
- Dimensions: 168 x 65 x 38mm.
- Insulation class: IP65.
The MXS 3.8 is an advanced microprocessor controlled battery charger with patented Float/Pulse maintenance for use on batteries from 1.2Ah up to 80Ah. The MXS 3.8 solves a broad range of battery problems and is the ideal charger for everyday use. Features of the MXS 3.8 include diagnosis of battery condition to establish if it can receive and retain charge, patented automatic desulphation program and a special "Snowflake" mode for optimum charging on cold winter days.
Patented Float/Pulse maintenance means the MXS 3.8 is ideal for long-term maintenance. The entire process of battery testing, charging and maintenance is easily followed on the clear LED display.
The MXS 3.8 is a fully automatic "connect and forget" 12V charger with 7 charging steps and offers selectable 0.8A and 3.8A programs. The "Snowflake" mode operates on the 3.8A program. It is splash proof and dust proof (IP65). The MXS 3.8 is easy and safe to use, protects vehicle electronics, is spark-free, reverse polarity protected and short circuit proof. The MXS 3.8 features a 5 year warranty.